The process of drafting a pattern for Sarah-scale Christmas crackers is not simple. I based all these patterns on one that came in a Mollie Makes freebie a while ago.
My first pattern and its result is on the right, and it didn’t work because I don’t believe triangular crackers are sold conventionally. (If I’m wrong, do correct me!) My second attempt is on the left, this one was too large, being octagonal rather than hexagonal.
I got the pattern right by cutting off two of the octagonal patterns’ sides, huzzah!
I made the first two with plain, craft paper to make sure the pattern worked, then I made two with metallic craft paper scraps.
The Mollie Makes pattern came with some Christmassy papers, and I used one of the papers to make a cracker with the full-sized pattern.
I’m not sure what I’ll do with this cracker yet, it may just be a photography prop, but Sarah’s crackers will definitely get brought out each Christmas. If you have ideas for what I could do with the larger cracker, feel free to suggest them!
Anyways, see ya!