In a recent Mollie Makes edition, there was an article on making miniatures for a doll’s house, one of which was balls of yarn.
They were made by wrapping the yarn around a small segment of straw, which is a better method than the one I used to use, and you can see the difference in the balls.
I used old scraps to make a small bag’s worth, to start Sarah’s yarn stash off.
I like how uniform they are, not unlike real balls of yarn, and the straw method is also less fiddly and looks neater than my original method. As I accumulate more long-ish ends, I’ll make more colours and the mini stash will slowly grow, like real stashes tend to do!
Anyways, see ya!