A year or two ago, I tried to make Sarah a nice black knee-length coat. However, the sleeves turned out too tight for her hands, so this year, I wanted to re-make it.
Above is the original, and below is the re-made one!
I’m so happy with this one – as you can see, her hands fit through the sleeves! I also wanted to try and stitch it so there were hardly any raw edges visible, which I did. The only ‘visible’ raw edges are in the sleeves, and I whip-stitched over those.
I also put buttons on, and you can see the fake buttonholes in the above photo.
It’s not quite cold enough to need it yet, but hopefully soon.
I also made this by using my basic shirt pattern backwards, which works pretty well! The front panels overlap, but the neckline is a bit big for my liking. Nothing that can’t be fixed with a scarf when it gets colder!
Anyways, see ya!