Project Roundup

I’ve had these handkerchiefs for years and years, and they’ve ended up with brown spots on them, the sort that don’t come out in the wash. So, in an effort to upcycle them…. ….I’ve been embroidering leaves and bees over the brown spots. I tried to match the thread colour to that used in those…… Continue reading Project Roundup

Project Roundup

Petra: “I’ve been clearing out some clothes I don’t really wear anymore, and I was wondering if this would fit you?” Tiffany: “Cool, yeah, I can try it on really quick!” T: “So, it’s a little large at the top.” P: “Oh stars, it is a bit, isn’t it!” T: “It’ll be easy to make…… Continue reading Project Roundup

Project Roundup

I finally had the motivation to make a summer garland this week, after many years of having it sitting on the To-Make List. Below are the crocheted elements I’ve made so far – I need two more duplicates, and then they all need to be strung together. Sun, shell, and sunflower designs by Steffi Glaves…… Continue reading Project Roundup

Project Roundup

Well, necessity has dictated that I make myself some more masks. It was loads of fun digging through my scraps to find some interesting prints – and a good opportunity to use up some smaller scraps of larger projects. I’ve also been making some more biscuits for the bakery…. ….and Hazel’s been wearing the same…… Continue reading Project Roundup

2021: Year in Review

I’m not one for long paragraphs of self-reflection at the end of the year – I prefer to let the photos do the talking. So, let’s get to it! January: February: March: April: May: June: July: August: September: October: November: December Last year, I said I wanted to make some more life-sized things, continue exploring…… Continue reading 2021: Year in Review

Project Roundup

Petra’s Christmassy shirt got some longer sleeves this morning: And I’m in the process of figuring out how I want these aprons for Fierro’s to come together: I also want to make Hazel a Christmassy shirt or dress, and Sarah and her friends want to decorate the stores for the season. However, it’s been raining…… Continue reading Project Roundup

Project Roundup

Well, firstly, I decided to re-make the white chairs in Fierro’s, because the ones I originally made were not stable at all. These new ones are waiting for a few more support toothpicks and then they will be painted to match the pieces I salvaged from the old ones. My second pair of Simplicity 8457’s…… Continue reading Project Roundup

Project Roundup

The interior walls of Fierro’s have been painted – the pink on top is brighter in person. I have plans to put some fancy details on the walls, so there’s still work to do here. I also bought some new fabric! The two on the left will be the outer and lining of another waistcoat,…… Continue reading Project Roundup

Project Roundup

My bakery’s front fa├žade is coming along slowly – here we’ve got the exterior brickwork done…. ….and the addition of a window. The plan is to have the name of the bakery painted onto the glass of the window, which will hopefully look really good! I’m also sewing together all the squares for my cushion…… Continue reading Project Roundup