When I mentioned ‘minor adjustments’ I wanted to make to the TARDIS, I meant I wanted to update the pillars, as they were finished in a rush. They’re now significantly taller, and closed at the end, which looks so much better than having them open! These bases also mean this set is as close…… Continue reading Pillars of Completion…?
After one year and 170 hexagons, the TARDIS set is, finally, COMPLETE. Just quietly, there are still bits I want to nitpick, but I won’t talk about those because it’s FINISHED and I need a break. ;D Sarah loves it just as much as I do, and she’s very excited to go exploring in it!…… Continue reading Complete TARDIS!
The TARDIS walls are coming along nicely! I should be on schedule to have them finished by the start of season 12 on New Year’s Day. I thought this looked really cool, with the light blue against black. Big stack of hexagons ready to go on the walls, like the picture below: Above is where…… Continue reading Project Roundup
The TARDIS walls are going well! I suspected the main problem with these walls would be the amount of time it would take to prepare/glue on/paint all the little hexagons, and I was right. I have two more pieces of the above white cardboard, all cut up into hexagons. My templates are below; there are… Continue reading Lots of Hexagons
We're just starting out with these pillars... ...nearly there... ...and they're done! These pillars surround the console kinda like trees that are very yellow and don't have any branches. I painted on some shadows to add some depth, though I do think they could be a little lighter in colour. I just need to do… Continue reading Pillars
I've mainly been working on the TARDIS recently, specifically these pillars for the corners. There's six of them that need painting, which takes ages to do. In-between painting pillars, I've been teaching myself corner-to-corner crochet. I've only done this little square at the moment, but I definitely want to do more. It's lots of fun,… Continue reading Project Roundup
Since you've last seen it, the TARDIS floor has had a few small but vital additions. These include the little white lines on the yellow bits, and these strips of cardboard ready to be covered in dark blue paper. They've been glued around the edge of the floor. I don't have a lot of black… Continue reading Flooring Finished!
I'm making good progress on the TARDIS floor, it's gone from these black and brown outlines.... ...to this (rather dramatic) black and brown pattern.... ...to a little bit of yellow.... ...to a LOT of yellow! All it needs now is some white lines to connect the yellow areas (and break them up a little), and… Continue reading TARDIS Floor Updates
I've been making progress on the TARDIS floor, having worked out a few details holding me back, this was half the floor markings done: And the entirety of the floor pattern: I've added a black border and started adding black to the shapes in the middle, I'm very excited for it to be colourful! I've… Continue reading Project Roundup
IT'S COMPLETE. No nitpicking still to do, no more coats of paint, the TARDIS console is done! Sarah's as excited as I am, as you can see. I added one wire, two extra dials and some painted buttons, in addition to this little line of Circular Gallifreyan around the edge. Not to mention the blue… Continue reading Complete Console!