The Tea at Yaz’s interior is coming along; the main achievement being that we have finished walls. I wanted a pattern on the walls, so I found this stencil that looks a little like Moroccan tiles and stencilled it over the whole interior. This was the first finished wall…. ….still stencilling…. ….and all done! I…… Continue reading Wall Stencils
I’ve made a lot of progress on the 13th Doctor hoop! I’ve completed one…. ….two…. ….three lines of text…. ….as well as started on the surrounds. Half-finished goggles here. I’m very happy with how flat and neat the satin stitch is on these, I usually have problems with it being uneven but this is great!…… Continue reading 13 Hoop
As I have limited space to store my miniature sets, I plan to re-make the Diagon Alley shops so they can store their own furniture inside. In the process, they’ll be getting a makeover, and first in line is the old Three Broomsticks. As you can see, its new owners have renamed it to Tea…… Continue reading Project Roundup
Since the last time I posted about these, I’ve made three more nests to make a, er, nesting set of nests for the Australian bushfire recovery effort. This blue one is the most recent one. This orange one is the largest, and if there weren’t animals that needed it, it could be used as a…… Continue reading Nesting Nests
“This is the new playsuit I ordered from my friend at Madam Malkins’!” I wanted to see if I could put pockets in one of Sarah’s playsuits, and Sarah also really liked this fabric. As you can probably see, these pockets aren’t actually visible from the front of the shorts, which I’m very happy…… Continue reading Unboxing
When I mentioned ‘minor adjustments’ I wanted to make to the TARDIS, I meant I wanted to update the pillars, as they were finished in a rush. They’re now significantly taller, and closed at the end, which looks so much better than having them open! These bases also mean this set is as close…… Continue reading Pillars of Completion…?
I’ve been meaning to replace the hood on Sarah’s 13th Doctor coat for a while, as it was originally made with too-small scraps, and I finally got round to it. This new one sits much better over the shoulders, and it fits over her head! I’m also making another birds’ nest in this orange yarn,…… Continue reading Project Roundup
In Australia at the moment, there are a lot of very bad bushfires, and to assist with the rehabilitation, wildlife centres are asking for donations of crocheted birds’ nests, like the ones below. They’ll hold baby animals (not just birds!) that have been rescued from the fires and make them feel comfortable while they’re being…… Continue reading Birds’ Nests
After one year and 170 hexagons, the TARDIS set is, finally, COMPLETE. Just quietly, there are still bits I want to nitpick, but I won’t talk about those because it’s FINISHED and I need a break. ;D Sarah loves it just as much as I do, and she’s very excited to go exploring in it!…… Continue reading Complete TARDIS!
As readers of Tiny Horse Talk will know, I like to sum up the year with 12 photos, one from each month. A lot happened this year, so let’s go! January: February: March: April: May: June: July: August: September: October: November: December: Two significant changes happened this year: I made an official blog Instagram account,…… Continue reading 2019 in Review