My latest sewing project is complete! It’s another Sew Over It Florence dress, and I’m so happy with it.
I purchased the fabric a while ago from a small fabric store called Sapling Textiles, with the express intention of making it into this dress.
I was originally going to put black buttons on, but then I found these gold ones in my stash, and I think they look so much better than black ones would have.
As I was making it, I suspected it would look best with black leggings and black boots, and I think I was right!
From the blue one I originally made, I modified the pattern a little. I lengthened the bodice, and drafted the armhole smaller. I think both modifications worked brilliantly; the waistline sits at my waist now, and the armholes don’t pin my arms to my sides.
I didn’t account for the sleeve head when making the armhole smaller, which means the sleeves are slightly gathered at the top. It’s not too noticeable, but I think I do prefer the smooth sleeve head.
This outfit feels very witchy to me, which is perfect for the colder weather we’re going into. I’m so excited to wear this on magical adventures, befriending dragons and facing off against tyrants!
Anyways, see ya!