My waistcoat collection has increased to three, as I sewed the last button onto this latest one this week. The outer fabric is linen, and it’s lined in plain navy cotton.
This one is an amalgamation of two waistcoat patterns I have, with the addition of a self-drafted shawl collar. I am stoked that the shawl collar worked this well, and I most definitely want to make another waistcoat with this collar!
I also tried single welt pockets, which were very intimidating, because they involve cutting through your precious front pieces.
Luckily, these ones worked out beautifully (phewww), and I reckon these pockets are bigger than the patch ones.
I did make a mockup of the pattern changes before I made this waistcoat, which is a very smart idea, definitely do them if you’re a newbie looking for advice. It feels very lightweight when it’s on, so I might be able to get away with wearing it for slightly longer than my other ones (which are thicker). Here’s hoping!
Anyways, see ya!